It's Monday and I'm Reading 'The Giver' by Lois Lowry



I'm starting the week with the first book of a much loved series! Today I started reading The Giver by Lois Lowry (The Giver Quartet #1) on my Kindle. I've downloaded this ages ago but only got around into reading this during the weekend. I made a mistake of not reading this earlier. This is proving to be a great book, and I'm only two chapters into it!

From Goodreads:

Jonas' world is perfect. Everything is under control. There is no war or fear or pain. There are no choices. Every person is assigned a role in the Community. When Jonas turns twelve, he is singled out to receive special training from The Giver. The Giver alone holds the memories of the true pain and pleasure of life. Now, it is time for Jonas to receive the truth. There is no turning back.


1 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy The Giver, I didn't care for it myself but I know loads of people who love it.
    Here's my It's Monday! Post
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and visiting blogs. Thank you! xoxo

 

Goodreads

Shh! Marj is Reading

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Adrian Mole: The Prostrate Years The Invisible Man The No. 1 Ladies' detective agency

More of TheRebelReads's books »
Book recommendations, book reviews, quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Readvolutionaries

It's More Fun

Visits

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected