Haul: November 2014

Hmm. Sooo, I may have overspent a little on books again. In my defense though, most of the books I've bought were secondhand. He-he. 



I may be the only hardcore Harry Potter fan who doesn't own a complete set of the series. It's just so expensive and I don't have a decent room where I can display it, hu-hu-hu! In the meantime, I bought The Tales of Beedle the Bard for my collection.

I'm on page 51 of The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro (how's that for specific?). I don't have a lot of reading time these days so progress is slow. Undoubtedly a thrilling read, so far.

I've just finished reading Graveminder by Melissa Marr. The pace was excruciatingly slow to build up the suspense to a climax which wasn't really "climactic". There was so much dilly-dallying and hyping about town secrets going on. I'm giving Melissa Marr a chance though; I might read The Wicked Lovely series in 2015.

 A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray was another impulsive buy from yours truly. I bought it cheap even if it looks like new and plastic covered. I've seen the raves on Goodreads about this book so I'm excited to read it during the Christmas break.


Now, I love dystopian fiction most of all and I can't believe I haven't read the Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver sooner! This set stays in their wraps though. I can't bear to have their spines wrinkled while reading them, hu-hu. The covers are just so beautiful! I'll be reading my Kindle versions instead.

I want to end this post by saying that book buying bans do not work at all. ❤ ❤ 


I'm linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Post a link to your haul last month in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and visiting blogs. Thank you! xoxo

 

Goodreads

Shh! Marj is Reading

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Adrian Mole: The Prostrate Years The Invisible Man The No. 1 Ladies' detective agency

More of TheRebelReads's books »
Book recommendations, book reviews, quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Readvolutionaries

It's More Fun

Visits

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected