Book Signing: Claudia Gray and Madeleine Roux in Manila

I wanted to write about this right after the event but I was still so stoked! Even right now, I haven't stop posting my photos with Claudia Gray and Madeleine Roux on all my social media accounts. How's that for extreme fangirling.

I read a lot (uh, obviously?) but it's my first time to attend a book signing event. I only transferred here in Manila last year and I haven't had the courage to go to one. Translation: I get lost when going to new places and it's scary to get lost in Manila! But anyway, it's a good thing I decided to go! I had an AWESOME time, even writing 'awesome' in uppercase and bold type still doesn't give the whole experience justice!

I'm the smiling long-haired girl beside the flashing camera.
See? I wasn't kidding when I said I JUST CAN'T STOP GRINNING.
Photo grabbed from National Bookstore's Facebook page.  

I arrived in National Bookstore-Glorietta 1 at around 10:00 AM. That was a big noob mistake. I was already the 123rd in line, ha-ha! I learned some lined up as early as 7:30 AM, way ahead of the mall's opening time and start of registration which started at 10 AM.

While waiting, I reread Fateful and ordered a Classic Mocha frappe from Illy Cafe Delizio. Yum, yum. National Bookstore's Glorietta 1 branch is one of the few branches who have a cafe inside. It was a bit pricey, but I wanted to sit on a chair (only way to sit is to be a customer, hehe) and treat myself for not getting lost this time.


The place began filling up and I found a place behind the rows of chairs where I could sit and look somewhat less awkward with my outfit. At first, everyone kept to their own worlds with a book in hand and their book towers beside them. Not surprising but worth mentioning, everyone became instant friends with someone else after an hour or two. It was so easy warming up to kindred spirits and immediately chatting about books you all love (and hoard). I even gained a couple of new Instagram friends! True enough, a bookstore feels like home for bookworms like me.

My space, lol. 
Shrieks and camera flashes welcomed Claudia Gray and Madeleine Roux. I hastily stood up with aching knees and creased clothing, but who cared really, all eyes were on the bestselling YA authors. After four hours of sitting on the floor IN A DRESS (another noob mistake, everyone), I had to stand for the rest of the program and signing! But again, IT WAS ALL WORTH IT.

Claudia Gray was warm and exceptionally witty in all her responses. I enjoyed Fateful but I haven't read the Evernight series yet. The interview made me want to buy them all!

Now, let's talk about how gorgeous and rad Madeleine Roux is. I am sure everyone in the event loved her (look at that blonde mohawk hair perfection!!!) I'm now a bigger fan, if that was even possible. She recommended Joe Hill for more horror reads, which is just perfect for my upcoming Top Ten Tuesdays post this week!

 

I had an AWESOME time! I couldn't stop myself from grinning too widely even days after. (Hmm, that brought me into thinking that I'd better be hooked to an oxygen tank and nebulizer if ever J.K Rowling comes to the country.) I really really wish I had hardbound copies of their books, but damn, those are still so expensive! #breadwinnerproblems

 

A thundering round of applause to National Bookstore for bringing Claudia Gray and Madeleine Roux to the Philippines! And to Claudia Gray and Madeleine Roux: keep being awesome! The Philippines loves you and your books! We hope to see you again soon! 

Better event recaps from Filipino book bloggers abound, so check them out too! Here's some:


1 comments:

I enjoy reading your comments and visiting blogs. Thank you! xoxo

 

Goodreads

Shh! Marj is Reading

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Adrian Mole: The Prostrate Years The Invisible Man The No. 1 Ladies' detective agency

More of TheRebelReads's books »
Book recommendations, book reviews, quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Readvolutionaries

It's More Fun

Visits

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected