Haul: September 2014


I love receiving gifts, but I loooove getting books most of all! I rarely buy a new book for myself (#breadwinnerissues) so I'm so happy when I get books as gifts!

In 2012, my love gave me brand new copies of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and The Book Thief. This year, he gave me four books!!!


These books are heaven!!!! Alice Hoffman is one of my favorite authors (do read Skylight Confessions if you still haven't!) and I'm excited to read The Red Garden.

I adored the movie tie-in cover for The Great Gatsby. Leonardo DiCaprio is on the cover, who wouldn't love it! I have the original cover in trade paperback so my collection's complete. I have a soft spot for movie tie-in covers of adaptations I love.

I'm a big fan of the TV series, The Strain, and I was ecstatic to get the second novel in the trilogy, The FallI've just started it and so far, it's good! Guillermo Del Toro is a genius, to be honest. (His fantasy film Pan's Labyrinth is also a must-watch!)

Jasper Fforde is always a fun read and The Fourth Bear is no exception. My bookshelves feel so loved with these new babies! I'm a very happy girlfriend! x


Right now I'm on a self-imposed new-book buying 'ban'. I bought a Kindle Paperwhite two years ago to keep me from hoarding physical books. I avoid the mall bookstores like the plague but I can't help browsing at secondhand shops. To preempt my overwhelming buying impulse, I always imagine myself wearing handcuffs whenever I succumb and walk into a shop. Of course, that doesn't work at all. I still end up buying a book or two and telling myself, "It's on SALE! I'm actually saving money by buying them now." Haha!


After a lengthy debate with myself and a lot of fiddling with my imaginary handcuffs, I bought these books BECAUSE THEY WERE ON SALE AND I'M ACTUALLY SAVING MONEY BY BUYING THEM NOW.

Promise! These books are a steal at one-fourth of their original prices! I have yet to read them though... Like a true bookworm, I always buy another book even when I still have tons to read. ❤ ❤ 




I'm linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Post a link to your haul last month in the comments!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and visiting blogs. Thank you! xoxo

 

Goodreads

Shh! Marj is Reading

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Adrian Mole: The Prostrate Years The Invisible Man The No. 1 Ladies' detective agency

More of TheRebelReads's books »
Book recommendations, book reviews, quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Readvolutionaries

It's More Fun

Visits

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected