Haul: October 2014


How was your October? Mine was pretty exciting because I discovered new Young Adult authors to read last month!

I've only started reading Asylum by Madeleine Roux. I know I'm too old for it, but hey, I want to creep myself out. It's Halloween, anyway. 

Faery Tales and Nightmares by Melissa Marr is an impulsive buy, I admit. I've read about her from book blogs I follow but I've never read any of her works. I didn't want to commit myself to a whole series so I just bought this short collection. It was quite a steal for only Php 200. He-he.

Fateful surprised me. I'm not a fan of werewolves and that particular genre but the change from my usual taste in books is refreshing. I'm going to read the rest of Claudia Gray's books and I hope I'll like them as much as I liked Fateful.

Talking Pictures by Ransom Riggs is not a novel like his other bestsellers, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children or Hollow City. However, I enjoyed browsing through the vintage photos and reading the captions. I think it's a good find for my book collection. 

And that's it for October! While writing this, I realized just how much I was missing out on new books and authors. I'm way behind my reading list because of a game, sigh. I really have to get back up to speed! I have tons of books waiting by my bedside and in my Kindle. ❤ ❤ 


I'm linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews.
Post a link to your haul last month in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and visiting blogs. Thank you! xoxo

 

Goodreads

Shh! Marj is Reading

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Adrian Mole: The Prostrate Years The Invisible Man The No. 1 Ladies' detective agency

More of TheRebelReads's books »
Book recommendations, book reviews, quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Readvolutionaries

It's More Fun

Visits

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected